A successfully designed product should comply with various aesthetics and functional standards, meet environmental constraints and cover the current trends and complex demands of nowadays. PRODECT’ 15 Summer School addresses the most important and up-to-date methodologies and technologies that are employed during product design focusing on the conceptual and preliminary design phases. Additionally, the course provides introductory lectures covering the basic phases of detailed design. On the basis of the above, the course is divided in four thematic sections:
- Concept Development,
- Preliminary Design,
- Creative Design, and
- Detail Design.
PRODECT'15 Summer School is structured in lectures, where basic methodologies are analyzed, and workshops (product development studios), where the trainees will be familiarized with brainstorming techniques and modern computer-based design methods and technologies. A product-design project will run from the first day of the school encouraging the participants to develop a new product that will meet modern needs.
If you join PRODEC'15 Summer School you will:
- Familirize yourself with state-of-the-art Product Design Methodologies.
- Specilize with Concept and Preliminary Design Methodologies.
- Work in a team to develop a novel product design.
- Learn how to design and analyse the Brief of a Design Project.
- Learn how to analyse the Target Group of a Design Project.
- Get acquainted with Creative-Design Computational Tools and Product Visualization Techniques.
- Be introduced to Parametric Product Modeling, Reverse Engineering and Rapid Prototyping Techniques.
- Have a sunny learning experience, in one of the dreamlike Greek islands.
The program is designed for undergraduate or graduate students and professionals that wish to specialize or update their knowledge in the area of product design. All sessions will be carried out in English.
The course will take place at the premises of Department of Product and Systems Design Engineering located at Ermoupolis, the capital of Syros island.
All participants that will succesfully fulfill course requirements will receive a "certification of attendance". Students will also receive 4 ECTS.
The PRODECT'15 Summer School starts at 6/7 and will last until 13/7. Each participant must complete the online registration form in order to attend the school.
Application Deadline: 10 June 2015 (discounted fees) and 23 June 2015 (regular fees). Registration is Closed!!!
Scholarships application Deadline: 10 June 2015 22 May 2015
For more information about fees and application process please visit the Registration Page.
NEW: Check out our new facebook site at: https://www.facebook.com/prodect2015